You’ve taken it all in and gotten this far, this isn’t the time to give up. Simple as they may seem, these steps are really vital to our collective babeliness (I am sure you agree). Yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Still very excited and ready to go, so let’s take a brief look at Step 3b – Arms and torso.
And I won’t be talking about how you should always have your elbows moisturised and what not. It’s the underarms I’m concerned about. It’s almost a joke right? But it’s not, I am serious! No one should keep underarm hair that’s long enough for dreadlocks. It’s just gross! Okay, I’m gonna settle down and take it easy ’cause I appear to be in a rage.
One of the cardinal rules for babes is the care of the underarm (hairs). Not as a matter of vanity but as a matter of health and the security of others (why would anyone choose to be a walking stink bomb?). It may just be that the number one cause of severe body odour is sweat and dirt trapped in underarm hairs. No amount of Sure deodorant spray or Nivea stick would seem to work. Even after trying a concoction of alum, potash, lime and lemon and even vinegar, lol! Nothing has happened.
– Shaving: Whether you go with using shaving sticks (or electric razors) or depilatory creams like Veet or Nair ( I personally prefer Nair), shaving is one of the age-old ways of caring for the underarms. However, you would have to create and stick to a shaving regimen since shaving doesn’t remove the hairs from the root. If you use shaving sticks or electric razors, please clean them after use and replace them regularly. When using creams or powders, do follow the instructions for use so that you don’t suffer skin burns or injuries. For more on shaving check out http://www.wikihow.com/Shave-Your-Armpits
– Waxing: Waxing is a more effective method than shaving as the hairs are removed from the root. As a result, regrowth takes longer than in shaving methods. Sugaring (sugar waxing) is traced to Persia (ancient Middle East) and doesn’t seem to be so common in Nigeria but most spas offer the conventional waxing methods. I must say that your first experience will be painful and depending on what your pain threshold is, you may be uncomfortable. Not to worry, you will get used to it soon. Do be sure to get it done by professionals and follow whatever ‘after-wax’ instructions you are given. More info? http://hairremoval.about.com/od/sugarwaxing/a/sugaring101.htm, http://www.wahanda.com/treatment/waxing/description/
– Others: The methods above are temporary measures certainly. More permanent measures include laser removal, intense pulsed light removal and the like. I won’t be discussing these here but you can get more info from http://thehairremovaladvisor.com/permanent-hair-removal-at-home/
I strongly recommend that you invest in a suitable antiperspirant or deodorant to keep sweat at bay as much as possible (no one likes the sweat patch). Though I have heard people say that the use of antiperspirants should be discouraged, I keep using ’em and deeply love Lady Speed Stick by Colgate which I have sorta settled for (after journeying through the land of antiperspirants).
While a Venus bump (is that what it’s called ?) is understandable in ladies who have not given birth to babies, a bulge is totally unacceptable. Especially when it’s showing through tight-fitting clothes. This isn’t about being full-figured, buxom or plump or whatever else because surprisingly, some full-figured ladies have tummies/torsos proportional to their total body size. A babe should never show up with her torso bulging through her clothes. Never! If you must wear a bodycon dress or whatever, please do Body Magic too. For the brave of heart, I would suggest tummy targeted exercises (think Yoga or Pilates). Please do not compromise your reproductive potentials by performing unnecessarily rigorous exercises regardless of the results.
Quite frankly, these steps in our journey are definitely not the same as those in How to be a Naija runs girl but something inside of me chooses ‘babe’ over ‘runs girl’. I would be back with the final step , Step 4 – Nether region, legs and feet.
- Hair Removal Tips From Armpit / Underarm-Home Made Beauty Tips (forallwomentoknow.blogspot.com)
- Post Care Tips for Waxing Underarms (happilyblended.com)